Welcome to the Fidelitas Wine Club!

Fidelitas is a family owned winery found on Red Mountain in Washington Wine Country. Our winemaker, Charlie Hoppes, produces hand crafted, Bordeaux-style wines made from some of the best fruit grown in Washington State. The Fidelitas Wine Club is really more than just a club. It’s more like a full service concierge program, where our members have access to top benefits, events and of course, outstanding wine. This blog is a place where our members can come together to see what is new at the winery, connect with one another, and get a sneak peek at upcoming releases and events.

June 23, 2009

Busy times!

My goodness! We've had a busy past few weeks. I keep thinking that summer is the time to slow down just a bit, but I'm proving myself wrong. I had my "other half" Jessica G. come visit me in Seattle for a day of serious work, and a day of not so serious work visiting tasting rooms. The following week, I headed across the pass to Eastern Washington and was lucky enough to go tour the beautiful vineyards from which we source many of our grapes. Then, we hosted our first night of bocce and picnic fun at our Red Mountain tasting room. I'm going to try and get to all of these topics, but honestly, it may take me a bit.
First, Jessica G. and I traveled out to Woodinville's Wine Country to snoop around a bit and see some friends. We got a full tour of Januik/Novelty Hill including a very hidden room with rainbow lights in the basement. We had a wonderful time chatting with long-time friends of Charlie, Mike and Carolyn Januik. Next, we trekked into the beautifully landscaped gardens of DeLille while sipping their Bordeaux and Rhone styled blends. A big thank you to Shawna and Jay, who were wonderful hosts. After that, we said hello our one-time Tri-Cities neighbors at Bookwalter and got a sneak peak of the new tasting rooms for Mark Ryan and Ross Andrew. If you have any interest in concert posters, especially ones with Seattle bands, go visit Mark Ryan. The collection is almost as good as the wine. We ended our day at Efeste, who took over Januik's old space on the north side of Woodinville. The tasting room feels more like a living room, where you are welcome to just hang out and enjoy the wines. Brennan, the wonderful winemaker, was kind enough to preview us on some wines straight from the barrel, along with their great current releases.
If you ever find yourself traveling to any of the wine regions in Washington state, please be sure to contact me. I have suggestions for wineries to visit, restaurants to try and deals at many great accommodations. I'd love to introduce you to some of my friends to make your tasting visit as memorable as this one.

Inconvenient outfits for identification - Jessica G. and I on the foot bridge at DeLille.
This is a tasting room? I want it as my living room!

Jessica G., Brennan L. and Jess A. at Efeste

No comments: